Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Español


Un foto de mi familia de ILISA, en graduación miyo
(a photo of my ILISA family, at my graduation)

Hace algunas semanas, Brandon me preguntó <¿Como le va con el español?> Una buena pregunta, porque esa fue la razón de este viaje. Mi repuesto fue: ¡Muy bien! Aprendí mucho, entendí mas, y puedo hacerla una conversación, mas o menos. El único temor es sin suficiente practica, voy a perder todo que aprendí. De ser posible, me gustaría vivir en Costa Rica por 6 meses o un año, pero eso no es posible ahorita, voy a practicar en los estados. Espero practicar con algunas personas de mi trabajo y asistir a una iglesia de español. También, compré libros en español y lado-a-lado español y ingles. Estoy segura que si yo los leo en voz alta, voy a entender y hablar mejor. ¡Muchisimas gracias a todos mis profesores y amigos en Costa Rica!

A few weeks ago, Brandon asked me how my Spanish was coming along. A good question, since that was the reason for this trip. My answer was: Very well! I learned a lot, understand even more, and can carry on a conversation, more or less. My only fear is that without enough practice, I'm going to forget all that I learned. If it were posible, I would love to live in Costa Rica for 6 months or a year, but since that isn't possible right now, I'm going to practice in the States. I hope to practice with some people at my work and attend a Spanish-speaking church. I also bought books in Spanish and side-by-side Spanish and English. I'm sure that if I read them aloud, I will understand and speak better. Many thanks to all my profesors and friends in Costa Rica!

Francisco, a wonderful teacher!

The director, Ana Lorena, on the left,
and one of my other GREAT teachers, Maribel

5 comments:

Brandon said...

Made it to Geneva - it's really amazing here! Great to hear from you and I'll write more soon :)

Melody said...

Hey there, Brandon! Glad you made it there. Got your phone message the other day and loved it! I've played it for Renee and Grandma Toby and Aunt Susan and they all loved it too! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!
Mom

Brandon said...

Great to hear your Costa Rica trip was a grand success. I'm already getting excited about learning Spanish. I hear French, Spanish, Italian, German, and other languages all the time here. It's opening my eyes.

Glad you enjoyed my message - I figured you probably would :)

Brandon said...

Blogging doesn't end when you leave Costa Rica... Take more pictures and make more posts!

Mrs.C's Corner said...

I was gonna say the same thing Brandon did! ;) I'm glad you go to my Xanga site and read my posts there...are you on Facebook? Thanks for the email! You certainly sound like you're busy and have some BIG decisions to make in the near future. It must be hard not being closer to your grandbabies. I hope you have a good start to school and that God will help you choose the right path for you to take in your job. Keep in touch, Kiddo! Love Ya!